When is an assessment required?:
- Do you suffer from Ankle sprains?
- Have you noticed that your feet roll in or out? Are your arches flat or high? Do you have bunions, claw toes, corns or callous?
- Instability: often tripping or feeling lopsided or that there is excessive pressure on any particular part of your body?
- Do you have new or longstanding pain in the back, hip, legs, knee or feet?
- Achilles tendonitis causing pain and discomfort?
- Recurrent limb pains in children (growing pains) Have a read of our children’s section. https://www.randellsfootcare.co.uk/child-footcare
- Sports injuries, do you have pain associated with occupational or sporting activity that is repetitive and constant?
- Limb length discrepancy
- Plantar Fasciitis and heel pain https://www.randellsfootcare.co.uk/plantar-fasciitis
Biomechanical assessments at Randell’s Footcare range from 45 minutes up to 1.5 hrs and consist of non-weight bearing anatomical examination, muscle testing, and weight bearing lower limb posture examination. The longer dynamic assessments involve video gait analysis and scanning the foot soles with a pressure plate both when standing still and when walking or running.
This may involve prescribing pre-formed, or sometimes custom-made, orthotics and certain stretches and footwear advice.