Our routine nail care services include nail care, nail cutting, the removal of corns and calluses and the treatment of bunions…
CORNS AND CALLUS
These can be painful and need removal by a podiatrist. The podiatrist will look at what has caused the hard skin or corns to develop and come up with preventative measures.
Nails can become thickened and difficult to manage for a variety of reasons as we go through life. These can be cut and the thickness of nails reduced easily with our electronic burrs.
Randell’s Footcare offers a Basic Footcare service by our experienced Podiatry Assistants. This is available once the Podiatrist has assessed your footcare needs. For many people this service will be all that is required but you will need an assessment with full podiatry once a year.
This is when the skin around the borders of the heels becomes dry, scaly and cracked, often breaking apart causing deeper fissures which can then be very sore and can sometimes bleed.
- Wearing shoes with open backs that expose the heels allowing the skin to dry out
- Shoes that put pressure on and rub the edges of the heels
- Skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema
- Being overweight
- Diabetes which can cause dry skin
- Increasing age – skin naturally loses moisture as we get older
- Fungal skin infections, which causes drying of the skin and can affect the heels
This may include careful removal of any excessive build-up of skin especially around the edges of any fissures which will help the skin close together and heal up quickly, the Podiatrist will advise on the application of any special creams or balms that contain moisturisers for heels and how regularly to use them, your feet will also be checked for any sign of fungal infections and the Podiatrists will also give advice regarding your footwear needs.