Verruca & Hand Warts
- Verrucas are warts on the feet caused by a viral infection.
- These are lumpy growth in the skin caused by infection with human papilloma virus
- All types of people can be affected by plantar wart.
Randell’s Footcare offers a wide range of treatment for viral warts, including:
- Acid preparation
- Cryotherapy (Freezing)
Risk factors for contracting Verruca and hand warts:
- Infections of the skin that break the skin surface
frequently getting the feet wet
- Injury to the skin
- Hands or feet that are very moist from sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Swimming in public swimming pools
- Direct contact with other people’s warts
Randell’s Footcare can advise on ways to protect your feet from contact with the virus and how to help your immune system cope if it does.